Monday, January 4, 2010

A whole new year, A whole new...me?

The beginnings of things are always amazing. There is the feeling of possibility, endless possibility. Anything can happen. I could actually learn to cook. I could finish my book and find an Agent. I could loose weight. Anything. So my goals for this new year are going to be as follows:

Loose 30. lbs by August
Finish my novel
Learn to cook
Read my scriptures everyday

I went to work out this morning and I've started a counter for my weight loss. I'm going to track my weight loss everyday on the counter. Also my five year reunion is coming up, in August, and I really want to look my best. Hopefully I can loose the 30 lbs a lot sooner then August. Then I can keep loosing!

I have started working on my novel again. I wrote half a scene a few days ago and I'm getting all reared up and ready to go again. But of course that has to happen right when school starts again. But I am taking one creative writing class, so I'm going to be using my creative juices every day. But I have made a promise to myself that I will have it at least 3/4 of the way finished by the summer.

I just finished watching Julie and Julia and I feel like I really need to start cooking. Even though I'm not up to the Julia Child level, I want to start cooking. Plus I feel like I need to start acting more like a wife. I never cook or clean and I need to start learning how. A really long talk with Mom made me really understand that my responsabilities in the home are very important and that they will only get harder when we have children.

Every year my family gives Jesus a gift for christmas and every year I forget what my gift was. So this year it is to read my scriptures every. It's always really hard for me to read everyday. I don't know why because I love my God and my Christ, I should be able to do that one thing. I am not going to slack this time.

Go this coming year!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals Hayley! You can totally do it girlfriend! I believe in you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Leave a message!