Thursday, January 28, 2010

How to handle stress

I'm going to be completely honest. I don't handle stress. This semester is kicking my trash and for some reason, this is making Weston angry with me because he picks up on my stressedness and starts snipping at me. It's really very annoying. I'm stressed already as it is. Does he have to get mad at me? Does that help? Absolutly not! But still, here we are in the living room arguing and not getting anywhere, at which point he walks away.

So here I am sitting on the couch not handling stress well, trying to study for two different tests and he yips at me and walks away. It's very frustrating! So my question is what the crap do I do about this? I've tried a few different things to help relieve stress and none of them really do help. If I try to watch a movie, I think about the homework or studying I should be doing. If I read a book, I can't focus on the words or storyline. All the normal things that you would do to relieve stress don't seem to work for me. So what do I do? I can't just go around being angry with everyone and pissed about the fact that I have to take biology.

On Tuesday I really wanted to quit. I was ready to drop my Biology class and just call it good. But I knew that I would just have to take it again in the next few semesters, so I might as well deal with it and get it over and done with now. But it doesn't change the fact that I can't seem to get the concepts that are being taught. Plus the class is in a hot room in the middle of the afternoon right after lunch. Really? And they expect us to stay awake? So I fall sleep normally every class for just a little while and then I try my hardest to understand what's being said in the class when I just fell asleep for 10 minutes. Also I missed two classes this unit, so that totally puts me behind. Since it's a Tuesday Thursday class, missing two classes is like missing four in a normal week.

I feel better about my health class then I did before, but I am still kind of worried about the test tomorrow morning. I'm going to go workout, then going to take the test, then come home and study for the test in Bio. I'm still kind of angry with Weston, so maybe it's a good thing that I won't see him until I get home from work on Friday at 11:00pm. I'm sure that is a horrible thing to say about your husband, but I'm not to happy with him and I don't like that he gets all angry at me.

2 comments:

  1. One word for you! YOGA! Seriously do it! and do it when you are by yourself. I have a yoga dvd if you want to use it. Cause not only are you getting some exercise, but you are allowing yourself to be in tune with your body and flush out the world temporally. As soon as I am able to start working out again I should come over for an hour a couple of times a week and we can do it together if you're unsure about what to do. It is my number one preferred way to work out. (besides dancing that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever really done Yoga. I think that is a very good idea. We will have to do that. I have a large enough living room I think that when we move everything out of the way there should be enough room for both of us! Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Leave a message!