Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crap feeling

I feel like crap. That seems to be a general theme for the past few days. I'll feel great, then I'll feel like crap, like right now. I don't understand whats wrong with my body. So here was todays experience. I was home, totally fine, cleaning and putting things away when I was suddenly hit with an overwhelming fever, chills and sweats. I had that for the rest of the night. But yesterday I had felt fine and the day before that I had felt great, but it was like a sludge hammer and now I can't sleep.

Now the can't sleeping could possibly be because I ate total crap today. Well, I did okay until I started to feel blah. I had two protein shakes and some string cheese. Then when I started to feel sick, I had weston stop and get something from Bajio. Not the most nutritious of meals. Then I was craving ice cream so we went to Macys. But when we got to the deli counter, the girl working was taking a really, really long time. Weston went to get some drugs for my headache (on the other side of the store) and by the time he came back, she still hadn't taken my order. When she finally saw fit to help me, she made me the wrong shake and when I pointed this out, she said there wasn't enough Reese Cups to make a Reese Shake. Well, the whole point of going to Macys was to get a Reese Shake, so I wasn't going to settle for an Oreo Shake. I told her just to take it off my bill, but she said she couldn't because the card had cleared already.

Wonderful!

So the whole point of getting off the couch with a headache, chills, and a fever was for naught. Great.

After reading over that I realize that sounds kind of snarky. I'm not blaming the Maceys girl. It's not her fault... well, it is, but I shouldn't expect really hight quality service from a grocery girl.

Great, that sounded snarky too. I'm just going to move on.

So finals are all done. I got through them alive. YEA! I got an A on my final paper for Critical Theory. It was done on Postcolonialism and Avatar. If you know what that is and have seen the movie, its an amazing study. I got into a big discussion with some of the people from work about it right after I finished the paper last week. It always suprises me when people think certain actors are not very good. Like Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana. I don't know if it is a world wide phenomenon, but here in Utah, I find that if something is popular, the general populace has to hate it. It's so strange. I call it the Utah Bubble. Everything that is popular outside of UT isn't all that popular inside of Utah. Like the Osmonds. One of the biggest teen pop sensations of their time, but they couldn't perform in Utah because of the prejudice and hatred here for them. Take the Twilight books and movies by Stephenie Meyer. While there is a large group that love them, there is a really large group that not only don't like, but attack anyone who does like them, calling them stupid, ignorant, uneducated etc... It really doesn't make sense to me. Back to Avatar. It make over 700 million dollars in the United States and over a billion in the world, but it has bad acting (says some Utahns). How could a movie make over a billion dollars, but not have good actors? I think sometimes, Utah feels the need to be counter to everything just because 50% of the populace are Mormon and are already counter to a lot of things. Okay, I'm kind of on a rant, but its something that really bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Leave a message!