Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Job and goodbye to BN :(

My wonderful MIL just talked to me about my blog and I realized I left everyone hanging with this horrible day and didn't put a band-aid on it! How mean of me!
So a few weeks after the wonderful Thursday were I turned into a raving lunatic, I found a job! I'm going to go back a little and tell you guys about what happened the last few weeks. I had two interviews, one for VitalSmarts (the company that wrote Crucial Conversations, Crucial Confrentation, and the Influencer), and the other was for CR Foundation. Both went really well and I was really hoping I would get the job at VitalSmarts, but it didn't pan out. But I had a second interview with the CR Foundation after the first and it went really well. The company felt really good and I enjoyed going in and talking with the head managers. The position was for a Business Assistant where I do whatever anyone else doesn't have time to do.
My first day at my job was really great. I didn't realize the scope of the company until my manager gave me a tour. The company is really quiet large! It was crazy! They have scientists and researchers and dentists, and dental assistants and a whole upper management team. It's wonderful! I am going to learn so much about dentistry. I'M PSYCHED!
It's a great job. I get two weeks vacation and benifits that start after three months. That means Weston and I are going to be able to go to California for Christmas...an entire week! We are both very excited. We haven't been able to go to California for Christmas in years. It was on of the bigger reasons why I needed to leave BN. They weren't going to be able to guarantee Christmas. The other week for vacation is the week of the 4th of July. Pretty much awesome! It's beyond awesome. It's...B-Awesome!!!
But I will say, my last day at BN was very sad. Well, I guess it wasn't techniqually my last day. I'm still on call for Thursday, so we'll see. But It was probably my last day with Tracy, the GM. It was very difficult for me to leave her. She has been one of the best, most caring, most sweet person to work for. She hugged me and didn't let me go for a few minutes. She said "THank you so much for being so wonderful and working so hard and doing everything we needed." She just hugged me, her body began to shake a little, like she was about to cry. I pulled away, and she looked so upset. She said the door was always open and whenever I would like to, I could come back.
Then the other girls, Kristin, Brittney, Quincey, Courtney, Ashley, Tiffinie, everyone there hugged me and made me feel so loved. I have never worked somewhere where I have made so many friends. This has been just an amazing job and I hope that someday I will be able to go back.
So that's the last few weeks in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled that everything worked out for you! Sounds like a wonderful job with great benefits! It is always sad to leave friends that you've made at a job. Even if there are things about the job you didn't like. It's the people that have the biggest impact. But about your recent comment on my blog...are you wanting to have a baby in June or are you going to start trying for a baby in June?? Either way, that's awesome! Baby's are wonderful, but so much more when it is your own. Some days when you're down and out and you look over at your child's precious face/smile, suddenly you feel a surge of happiness. It's amazing how much that happens to me. I know the same will be true for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Leave a message!